It is designed to equip students with a strong and sound knowledge and experience base, from which they can practice, teach and live their yoga off the mat and in their lives. Comprehensive in its depth, breadth and substance, Adarsh and Heleen teach from many decades of dedicated personal practice, from a method that has its roots from a traditional source and lineage, the very foundation of all the "styles" of modern yoga we see today.
Our approach presents the “method of Yoga” rather than a particular Yoga “style.” We will explore the philosophy and methods of classical Ashtanga Yoga as well as contemporary modalities of Yoga, science and wellness. You will:
• Learn to teach unique yoga sequences including Traditional Ashtanga, Contemporary Vinyasa and Yoga Wellness
• Integrate comprehensive study of yoga technique, theory and philosophy
• Gain intensive practice experience
• Experience professional and personal growth
• Hold a certification that meets and exceeds requirements to register with Yoga Alliance as RYT – 200
Upon successful completion of this program graduates will be eligible to register as teachers with the Yoga Alliance at the 200-hour level.
If you are even remotely curious about what this program can do for you, and how it can change or enhance in your life, please come! More details, and further questions will be answered by Heleen and Adarsh, so hope you can come!
SPECIFIC DETAILS OF THE TT PROGRAM CAN BE FOUND HERE: http://www.downtownyogashala.com/teacher-training
This training will provide you with the foundations of Yin Yoga. You will understand how to include Yin Yoga in a more active class or simply to take your own practice to a much deeper level. Class size is limited to ensure you will have plenty of time for individual attention. This training provides 12 hours of continuing education credit for registered yoga teachers. For those who would like to receive a certificate of completion for teaching Yin Yoga, this is the first twelve hours of a 36 hour training with Misako Matsuoka.
In this training you will:
- Receive a manual including specific sequences to take home with you
- Develop a personalized home practice learn how to modify postures for your unique body
Subjects covered include:
- Theory behind Yin Yoga
- How skeletal anatomy informs the variations of postures
- How to support your body with yoga props such as blocks, blankets, sandbags and bolsters
- Yin Yoga philosophy
- Friday, October 13 from 5:30pm-8:00pm (2.5 hrs)
- Saturday, October 14 from 1:30pm to 6:00pm (4.5 hrs)
- Sunday October 15 from 12:00pm to 5:00pm (5 hrs)
Instructor: Misako Matsuoka, E-RYT500 firstname.lastname@example.org
Requirements for Enrollment:
This training is suitable for interested yoga students or those who have a current RYT status. Those new to yoga are advised to take Yin yoga classes prior to registration. 12 Hours of Continuing Educational Units are available to Registered Yoga Teachers. Additional study is required to receive a certificate in Yin Yoga.
Please contact the instructor for additional questions at email@example.com
Advance registration required.
Cost: $225 Early Bird by September 15, 2017; $325 Afterwards.