• Learn to teach unique yoga sequences including Traditional Ashtanga, Contemporary Vinyasa and Yoga Wellness
• Integrate comprehensive study of yoga technique, theory and philosophy
• Gain intensive practice experience
• Experience professional and personal growth
• Hold a certification that meets and exceeds requirements to register with Yoga Alliance as RYT – 200
After successful completion of the program, all participants receive a Certificate of Completion. Upon successful completion of this course, graduates will be eligible to register as teachers with the Yoga Alliance at the 200 hour level.
WHY DO A YOGA TEACHER INTENSIVE?
• Follow your passion for Yoga
• Dive deeper into Yoga philosophy, history and the Yoga lifestyle
• Learn all about asanas, the anatomy of a posture, alignment, modifications, risks and benefits
• Learn Yoga from the traditional perspective, from which you will then understand the contemporary forms of Yoga
• In depth anatomy knowledge of the body in Yoga
• Learn all about different levels of students and how to approach them
• Learn hands on and verbal adjustments
• Study, refine and deepen your own Yoga practice together with like minded people
• Learn how to share your passion with others
• Practice teaching and ongoing mentorship
A Yoga Teacher Intensive enhances one's own personal growth. Yoga can be a tool for self-discovery/development and helps to expand your view of the world. It can transform your life into a happier, healthier and more whole one. The best yoga teachers are students first. Gaining more knowledge of yoga through our Yoga Teacher Intensive will ground you in your own practice and your understanding of it. It will bring confidence in sharing it with others.
The asana study program includes postures of the Primary and Intermediate series of Ashtanga Yoga. There is an overview of forward + backward bending, twists + side bends and inversions, including arm balances. In addition, healthy adaptations and modifications, including wellness sequencing based on current physical therapy protocols are covered. Students learn alignment in postures based on applied anatomy practices including self adjustment and learning to “see” students’ bodies. The language of modern yoga alignment including loops, rotations, pose and counter pose are taught and with this knowledge, the student knows how to prevent their students from asana vulnerabilities and keep them practice yoga safely.
ASANA & VINYASA
• Primary & Intermediate level asana & traditional Vinyasa Krama
• Yoga anatomy & alignment – in depth study of the crucial body functions in yoga
• Yoga wellness, adaptive yoga, prop work & restoratives
• Contemporary Vinyasa sequencing & research poses
BREATHWORK AND PRANAYAMA
• Yoga cleansing techniques (Kriya)
• Yoga breath (Pranayama)
YOGA AND MEDITATION
• Sitting & walking technique
• Comparative thinking on meditation
• Origins, history of yoga
• Comparative schools of yoga
• Yoga as a lifestyle & Ethics of yoga
• Study of the yoga sutras
• Sanskrit chanting
• Forming a personal philosophy
• Yoga traditions
• Physical and verbal adjustments
• Counting vinyasa in sanskrit
• Asana pronunciation
• The seat of the teacher
• Teacher self care
• Sustaining your practice
• Yoga off the mat
• Finding inspiration
HOW TO APPLY: In addition to the Online Registration, we require that all the training candidates complete an Application Form. Please email email@example.com to receive the form.
PRICING: Registration is now open for our 2018-2019 season. Earlybird rate is $2950 ($500 discount) before July 31st; $3150 ($300 discount) before August 30th; $3450 after. Spots are limited, please register early.
*Training Manual included in price. Highly discounted studio membership for the duration of the Teacher Training. Recommended reading list and books purchased separately.
Refund policy: $300 non-refundable deposit reserves your spot. No refunds within 3 weeks of start date of the program.
DATES AND TIMES
Oct 18, 2018 – Feb 24, 2019
Oct 18-21, 2018
Nov 1-4, 2018
Jan 31-feb 3, 2019
Feb 21-24, 2019
Thursdays - 6pm-9pm
Fri/Sat/Sun - 7am-6pm
ABOUT ADARSH: Adarsh Williams teaches a contemplative style of yoga that embraces both modern innovation and traditional wisdom. Since 1995, Adarsh has been engaged in the field of natural healing and has received certifications in therapeutic massage and active isolated stretching. He continues as a student of Ashtanga Yoga and its sister sciences of Sanskrit, Ayurveda, and Bhakti. Adarsh has continuously traveled to Asia since 2001 for study and pilgrimage and has received teaching Authorization by his late Guruji Shri K. Pattabhi Jois of Mysore, India. Adarsh directs the Monterey Yoga Shala in Monterey, CA specializing in progressive instruction for beginner through advanced levels. Through in depth study of human anatomy and physiology and formal training as a massage therapist, Adarsh is highly regarded for his sensitive yet deep adjusting style. He has experience working with a wide variety of students of diverse abilities, ages, and backgrounds. With a deeply held belief that anyone can develop a personal yoga practice, Adarsh is an energetic teacher who infuses his enthusiasm for practice and hard work in his students. www.AdarshYoga.com | www.SmartStretch.com
ABOUT HELEEN: Heleen started practicing yoga in 1992 during college in the Netherlands. For 8 years she practiced Sivananda Yoga and eventually completed the TT (teacher training) at the ashram in upstate New York. Shortly after, Heleen moved to London to pursue life as a yoga teacher, which in turn led her to a position of General Manager at one of London's best known dance and holistic centres. During this time, she studied Ashtanga Yoga with Liz Lark and John Scott. John inspired her to go to Mysore and study with Sri K. Pattabhi Jois. After meeting Guruji on his world tour in 2001 she traveled to India the following year to study at the Ashtanga Yoga Research Institute and returned there every year until she became pregnant with her first child in 2007. Heleen is passionate about Ashtanga Yoga and has a fascination for thought patterns and how they can be changed from negative into positive. To her Yoga is a process of diving within, finding a way to connect with ones Self, being in the present moment and acknowledge where one is at. Heleen is now the mother of two children, Evan and Maya, teaches Yoga and is co-owner of the Monterey Yoga Shala in California. Heleen has also created a Kids Yoga curriculum for Kids in schools that is being taught at elementary and middle schools around the Monterey Peninsula. www.HeleenYoga.com www.KidsYogaFun.com