INSPIRATION | KNOWLEDGE | SADHANA
OCT 18, 2018 – FEB 3, 2019 Registration Now Open!
Earlybird Rate Through July 31st, 2018. Reserve Early!
FREE INFO SESSIONS: Saturday, 12-1pm on these days: July 14th, August 11th, September 15th
Downtown Yoga Shala (DYS) 200+hr Yoga Teacher Intensive Program led by E-RYT 500 and Authorized LEVEL 2 KPJY Ashtanga Teacher Adarsh Williams and Heleen Williams, is a weekend-intensive program designed to equip students with a strong and sound knowledge and experience base, from which they can practice, teach and live their yoga off the mat and in their lives.
Comprehensive in its depth, breadth and substance, Adarsh and Heleen teach from many decades of dedicated personal practice, from a method that has its roots from a traditional source and lineage, the very foundation of all the "styles" of modern yoga we see today. Our approach has its roots in traditional Ashtanga Yoga, and we present the “method of Yoga” rather than a particular Yoga “style.” We will explore the philosophy and methods of classical Ashtanga Yoga as well as contemporary modalities of Yoga, science and wellness. You will:
• Learn to teach unique yoga sequences including Traditional Ashtanga, Contemporary Vinyasa and Yoga Wellness
• Integrate comprehensive study of yoga technique, theory and philosophy
• Gain intensive practice experience
• Experience professional and personal growth
• Hold a certification that meets and exceeds requirements to register with Yoga Alliance as RYT – 200
Upon successful completion of this program graduates will be eligible to register as teachers with the Yoga Alliance at the 200-hour level.
WHY DO A YOGA TEACHER INTENSIVE?
• Follow your passion for Yoga
• Dive deeper into Yoga philosophy, history and the Yoga lifestyle
• Learn all about asanas, the anatomy of a posture, alignment, modifications, risks and benefits
• Learn Yoga from the traditional perspective, from which you will then understand the contemporary forms of Yoga
• In depth anatomy knowledge of the body in Yoga
• Learn all about different levels of students and how to approach them
• Learn hands on and verbal adjustments
• Study, refine and deepen your own Yoga practice together with like minded people
• Learn how to share your passion with others
• Practice teaching and ongoing mentorship
YOGA ASANA & VINYASA
PRIMARY & INTERMEDIATE SERIES The asana study program includes postures of the Primary and Intermediate series of Ashtanga Yoga. There is an overview of forward + backward bending, twists + side bends and inversions, including arm balances. In addition, healthy adaptations and modifications, including wellness sequencing based on current physical therapy protocols are covered. Students learn alignment in postures based on applied anatomy practices including self adjustment and learning to “see” students’ bodies. The language of modern yoga alignment including loops, rotations, pose and counter pose are taught and with this knowledge, the student knows how to prevent their students from asana vulnerabilities and keep them practice yoga safely.
WHY DO OUR TEACHER INTENSIVE?
SMALL GROUP SETTING
A Yoga Teacher Intensive is mostly for your own growth. Yoga can be a tool for self discovery/development and helps to expand your view of the world. It can transform your life into a happier, healthier and more whole one. The best Yoga teachers are students first. Gaining more knowledge of Yoga through our Yoga Teacher Intensive will ground you in your own practice and your understanding of it. It will bring confidence in sharing it with others. Besides all the reasons mentioned before, we guarantee SMALL GROUP instruction with caring, personal support for your growth and learning process. Most Teacher Intensives are held in very large groups, ours does not exceed 20 students. In our experience it creates a deeper way of learning and gaining knowledge that sticks.
YOGA ASANA & VINYASA CURRICULUM
• Primary & Intermediate level asana & traditional Vinyasa Krama
• Yoga anatomy & alignment – in depth study of the crucial body functions in yoga
• Yoga wellness, adaptive yoga, prop work & restoratives
• Contemporary Vinyasa sequencing & research poses
• Yoga cleansing techniques (Kriya)
• Yoga breath (Pranayama)
• Meditation: Sitting & walking technique
• Philosophy: Comparative thinking on meditation
• Origins, history of yoga • Comparative schools of yoga
• Yoga as a lifestyle & Ethics of yoga
• Study of the yoga sutras • Sanskrit chanting
• Forming a personal philosophy • Yoga traditions
• Sequencing • Physical and verbal adjustments
• Counting vinyasa in sanskrit
• Asana pronunciation
• The seat of the teacher
• Teacher self care
• Sustaining your practice
• Yoga off the mat
• Finding inspiration
Oct 18, 2018 – Feb 3, 2019
Oct 18-21, 2018
Nov 1-4, 2018
Jan 24-27, 2019
Jan 31-Feb 3, 2019
Thursdays - 6pm-9pm
Fri/Sat/Sun - 7am-6pm
If you are even remotely curious about what this program can do for you, and how it can change or enhance in your life, please come meet Heleen and Adarsh, at our FREE Information Sessions will be held at Downtown Yoga Shala. We will cover the specifics of the program -- dates, times, course overview, application and registration, and answer any additional questions you may have. Please attend any or all of the following sessions:
July 14th, August 11th, September 15th
For inquiries, or to reserve your spot, please email email@example.com.
Earlybird rate is $2950 ($500 discount) before July 31st; $3150 ($300 discount) before August 30th; $3450 after. Spots are limited, please register early.
*Training Manual included in price. Highly discounted studio membership for the duration of the Teacher Training. Recommended reading list and books purchased separately.
Refund policy: $300 non-refundable deposit reserves your spot. No refunds within 3 weeks of start date of the program.
INCLUDED: Teacher Intensive Manual. Discounted class passes during duration of the training.
~The Empire Strikes Back~